Pages

.

.

Saturday 27 February 2016

Sprite Delight!

Blimey two posts within 10 minutes of each other - what on earth is going on?
Just having a craft catch up I guess - and loving it too!
So I decided to enter the Aurora Wings challenge for February, again cutting it fine here! Lol.
The challenge is for Sprites only this month.
Now I have oodles of Mitzi's Sprite images but I just couldn't resist using the cute freebie on the Challenge blog.
So here is my wee Pineapple Sprite card.
I just adore this image (mind you I say that about all the sprite images Lol), but you have to agree, it is cute isn't it?
The image is coloured with my Polychromo pencils.
I am especially pleased with how the face came out and the skin of the pineapple.
I seemed to be colouring for ages. hahaha.
I backed the image onto some lime green card and added this to my stencilled background.
This is a Clarity Stencil - there are lots to choose from here.
I added a wavy line border around the stencil - a Barbara Gray trick that I have never really mastered, but I guess this one looks ok. What do you think?

The sentiment is one I googled and then printed out on my computer. 
It is from James Allen, who was a British Philosophical writer whose best known work was "A Man Thinketh"
So, there you go then my entry for the Aurora Wings challenge

3 comments:

  1. Dawn, this is precious! Love the way you used the stencil and colored Pineapple Sprite accordingly. So soft and pretty. Fabulous sentiment, too. Thanks so much for joining our Sprite Delight III challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this card, Dawn! I'm a colored pencil person myself and do appreciate when I see beautiful work done in cp. Your coloring on the Pineapple Sprite is BEAUTIFUL, and the design elements to go with her are just fantastic. Thank you so much for joining the Sprite Delight III challenge at Aurora Wings!

    Mitzi xx
    Artist/Owner Aurora Wings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colouring and awesome background. Thank you for join our challenge at Aurora Wings! Xoxo, silvia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.