Pages

.

.

Thursday 17 March 2016

Me - A Guest Designer!!

Hi there,
Wow, two posts in two days - must be nearly Spring! Lol
So this post is a little extra post as I was a Spotlight Winner for challenge #93 over at Crafting by Designs.
It was such a surprise to get the email from Doris and when she asked me if I would like to do a GDT spot - well I had to think about it for....... like a nano second!! hahaha.
Of course I would, how fabulous.
So I got to choose which challenge I designed for too, which was a bit of a treat.
I plumped for this one:
GOOD WITCH/BAD WITCH
(can include sprites and fairies)
Well, no contest I can tell you - I knew exactly which image I was going to use too.
It just had to be one of Mitzi's fabulous Sprite images from 
I love Mitzi's images and have nearly all the sprites - might be a bit addicted actually. Lol
So, I chose to use Linnea Sprite for this card and here she is:
Now I know what you are thinking - Linnea flowers are pink aren't they?
Well, yes they are but I wanted this to look more like snowdrops as it was for a Springtime birthday, hence the colours.
I have used my Spectrum Noir Pencils for this one, I just love the way they blend so beautifully.
I have added some Glamour Dust glitter to her wings, not sure you can actually see it in the picture though - it is there, honest! The gorgeous little flowers are from Prima and I have had them for ages.  In fact I am surprised they still had some sticky on them! 
I am learning with my colouring that sometimes less is more! So I am trying to leave some white space when colouring. I kinda like it - what do you think?
The gorgeous papers are from Raspberry Road at Lili of the Valley and this pad is called Shabby Shack.  I love these papers, such good quality - such a shame they have stopped producing them.  Not sure I shall be using them up too quickly!!

So, here is a little close up of her wings - you can see the glitter can't you?
So there you have it, my GDT card for the current challenge over at Crafting by Designs.
Thank you Doris for asking me, I have really enjoyed it.

Challenges:

8 comments:

  1. Such a stunning card, love the colour. Your colouring is fantastic. Jean xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful, Dawn! What a lovely soft green you've used for Linnea Sprite. Definitely looks like a snow drop, especially with the lovely sparkle on the wings. So glad I'm not the only one addicted to Sprites. LOL Thanks so much for joining our "My Favorite Season" challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so pretty in soft green like that, Dawn! Love the subtle glitter to add just enough magic to the image. Your design is so clean and elegant, too. Thank you so much for joining the "My Favorite Season" challenge at Aurora Wings! Mitzi xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is adorable, love that you have switched up the colours, lovely colouring too, thanks for joining us at Aurora Wings for the 'My Favorite Season' challenge - Julie DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really bright and happy Spring time card Dawn, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Green is my favourite colour so I really love your card, the papers are gorgeous and that sprite is so cute. Love the flowers too :)
    Hugs, Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at Crafty Friends Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    Annette DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card love the cute image and great colouring---Thank you for joining us at Simply Papercrafts
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.