Pages

.

.

Thursday 24 March 2016

Flowers with Aurora Wings

Hello everyone.
How are we all?  Good I hope?
Well it is time once again for another challenge at Through the Purple Haze
This time our theme is:
FLOWERS
That should be a nice easy challenge for you.
Our fabulous sponsor is:
AURORA WINGS
AuroraWings Blog Badge

I have used Mask of Flowers for this challenge.
Digital Stamp Instant Download - Floral Masquerade - digistamp - Mask of Flowers - Fantasy Line Art for Cards & Crafts by Mitzi Sato-Wiuff
Isn't she adorable?
Now, I knew that this would be a challenge to colour so I started it as soon as I downloaded it.
Do you know what?  I just couldn't put it down.
Once I started I just kept on going and going and going.
Once the image was coloured I thought I may as well carry on and make the card there and then.
It must be one of the few times I have been way ahead with a DT card I can tell you. Lol
So, I'll stop waffling and show you my project:
I know there are some awesome colourers out there but I am really proud of this one.
I used my Polychromo pencils to colour the image and then once it was finished I used my Copics to deepen some of the colours in places.
I can't stop looking at this image, there are so many details aren't there?
The gorgeous wavy ribbon I used is from the lovely Brenda at Brenda's Ribbon and Lace on Facebook. It is a secret group but if you are not a member already, you really should be as she has some awesome ribbon and lace. Tell her I sent you! 
The sentiment is a Clarity Stamp from one of their fabulous word chains and you can see them all here.
For the background I used two different shades of Pan Pastels chalk and a dabber to try and make it look a bit mottled. I think it worked don't you?

So there you go then, my Aurora Wings Flowers DT card.
I love it and hope you do too.
Can't wait to see your awesome entries.
Challenges:

9 comments:

  1. Oh Dawn, you should be proud! Gorgeous coloring and your background with the pan pastels looks fabulous! Wow on that scalloped trim, too. Such an elegant creation! Thank you so much for joining our special 2 year Anniversary Challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the soft yellows with lavender throughout on her floral headdress and mask, Dawn! The soft background you created with pan pastels and the wave ribbon detail create a perfect backdrop for our gorgeous coloring! Truly stunning! Thank you for joining us for the "Anything Goes" challenge at Aurora Wings! Mitzi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely image and beautifully coloured. Thank you for joining us at Path of Positivity. Pippa DT PoP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love the dimension you have achieved in this incredible masterpiece! Thanks for joining us in the {Our Crafty Corner Challenge}! Hope to see more of your pretty projects again soon!
    crafty hugs,
    de
    {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, beautiful image! Thank you for joining us at The Crazy challenge. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A simple card made so special with your beautiful coloring!!
    I love the combination of yellows and purples you used on the flowers!

    Thank you so much for joining our "Anything goes" challenge at the Aurora Wings Challenge Blog :-)

    xxx Karola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning Image.. Love the coloring you did..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow fabulous! Thank you for joining our challenge at Aurora Wings. Good luck! Silvia,DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.