Pages

.

.

Saturday 1 August 2015

Flowers flowers everywhere!!


Oh my gosh, I can't believe it is 21 June since I last posted here!
The reason for the lack of postings is due to me feeling a bit low lately.
Don't ask me why because I just don't know.
Sometimes you know how it is, you could cry if someone looks at you in the wrong way?
Well that's me at the minute.  Strange really because I can't think of a reason.
Anyhoo - because of that I have been letting things get on top of me a wee bit and as a result I have decided to step down from all but one of my DT positions.
With Totally Tilda and Friends closing I thought I could cope with the others all being monthly but what with one thing and another it was not to be.  My crafting time was becoming unenjoyable and something had to give.
So to those DT's I have stepped down from, thank you for your understanding and for the opportunity to be a part of your team.
So, the one team I have kept on with is Through the Purple Haze.
A fabulous bunch of ladies who have given me some incredible words of wisdom and support so to you all - a heartfelt thank you.
So enough of this gabbing let's get on with the show shall we?
The new challenge over at Through the Purple Haze this time is:
FLOWERS!
They can be added to the card, on the image or the backing paper. So long as we can see lots of flowers somewhere it will count.
So our fabulous sponsor this time is:

So the image I chose to work with is called:
UNICORNDREAMSOUTLINE.jpg
and here is what I did with it:
The image was printed out on to my card and then left to dry overnight.
Then I brushed Spectrum Noir Aquatints across it.
Now it did move the ink a little in the middle of the image but I don't think it detracts from the end results. What do you think?
Next step was to lift the colour out of the image with water which took a bit of time as I had to let it dry afterwards.
Then I coloured the image with my Spectrum Noir pencils and did the leaves and the little flowers with my Promarkers with the extra fine nib on. I used my glue pen and added glamour dust to the Unicorn's horn, not sure if you can see it though?
Then I added two little punched butterflies after coating them with Glamour dust.
I also added my flowers and a gorgeous pin which I have had for a while.
Lastly I added a Clarity Stamp word from one of the fabulous Word Chains.  These word chains have so many connotations it is simply amazing.
The backing paper is a Magnolia paper I have had for a while.  I think it came from the Prince and Princesses collection but I can't be sure. (It's an age thing! Lol)
So there you have it - my inspiration for the flowers challenge.
I do hope you will get time to join in with us, we do love to see all your gorgeous creations.
Challenges:

7 comments:

  1. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Sister Act, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. I hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute, love the way you did the background.Thankyou for joining us over at Brown Sugar for our 'Animal' challenge. Hope to see you again Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, I love the image and stunning colours.
    Thank you for taking part in a Gem of a Challenge.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just Beautiful ! I love the colors and design! Thanks for joining us at Chocolate Coffee and Cards for our Flower in your image challenge - DT - Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely creation. That image is sooo cute and I do love the colours you've used. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Brown Sugar Challenge. Good luck.
    Lynn, BSCB DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous :)
    Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.