Pages

.

.

Friday 14 August 2015

A bit of canvassing!!

Hi all
Well today has been very productive partly thanks to the awful weather!
Because it was raining I decided to tidy my Craft Room - and, I can actually see my desk!!  Whippeeee.
Mind you I am not sure how long that will last! Lol. 
Okay so those of you who follow me regularly will know that I love Clarity Stamps.  In fact, so much so I went off to East Sussex last week to one of their two day retreats.
What a fabulous two days I had too.  My friend Alison and I went down on the Tuesday, did the craft retreat Wed/Thurs and drove back on the Friday.  It was brilliant.
So, part of the retreat focused on canvas work and I so enjoyed that.
In fact, I enjoyed it so much I came home and decided that my next project would be a canvas.
So, here it is.

Now I have used the latest Stencil from the New Design Stencil Club and also the new Stamp from the New Design Stamp Club - usually they get added to my stash and don't get used for ages, but as soon as I saw them I knew they would be used PDQ!!

So firstly, I added Buff Titanium Acrylic paint to my canvas and then let that dry overnight.
The following night, I did a bit of brayer walking - something I would not have tried before the retreat!  I used PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylics and also some Cosmic Shimmer Chalk Acrylics and just kept adding until I was happy with the background.

Then I fixed the stencil hinge like to my canvas and dragged some Grunge Paste through it and then left it to dry overnight.
Once that was dry I put the stencil back and used my Distress Inks to sponge some colour onto the raised stencil.  Then I stamped the sentiment into the middle of the canvas.

Added some liquid pearls to the four corners and then mounted it onto another canvas board and voila!
I am really pleased with how this turned out I think I might just have to do another one.
So I am going to enter this into the Clarity Challenge which is a bingo challenge and I have used the middle line, Stamp, Stencil and Grunge paste.
Other challenges:

17 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for the Cheerful Stamp Pad challenge 117, Hazel, DT - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. An amazing canvas is this! Gorgeous!
    Thank you for joining in at TIOT's!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you have used the ndc stencil. Good luck in the challenge and thank you for entering. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like what you have done with your canvas and the stencil good luck in clarity challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful canvas Dawn using your chosen elements. The colours you've used really show the dreamcatcher off. I'm so glad you enjoyed the retreat too. Thanks for entering this month's challenge. Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Dawn. I love the colours and I think this is a great stencil. It was lovely to spend time with you at the retreat and I am going to try some canvas after our tuition. Good Luck in the challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful design, thanks for joining us at The Cheerful Stamp Pad for the Anything goes challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW I just love your creativity with your piece of art - love it. Thank you for sharing with us over at Altered Eclectics this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.

    Handcrafted by Ellapu
    Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
    Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
    DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit
    DT The Mirror Crack'd
    DT Anything but a Card

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous canvas using that lovely stencil and the colours are so pretty.
    Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your canvas is so cool...just love that Dream Catcher,great subject and a great canvas...
    Thank you for joining in with our challenge this month over at Altered Eclectics....xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great canvas, love the colours, great tutorial thank you for joining us on the TIOT challenge hugs Bee.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great project Dawn - thank you for taking the time to showcase your artwork - it's fab.
    Good luck in this month's Clarity Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Dawn, so glad you had a super time at the retreat, they are magical. You canvas is lovely very subtle, super choice of colours. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely project! Thanks for sharing with Crafting with an Attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely canvas!Thanks for playing along with the Cheerful Stamp Pad!Have a magical week!
    xoxo

    Karla

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great canvas Dawn. I haven't tried out the new stamp and stencil yet but your work is very inspiring. Don't they work well together. Good luck in the Clarity challenge x x x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful canvas, thank you for sharing it with us at Altered Eclectics.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.