Pages

.

.

Sunday 11 May 2014

A Pink Princess and a sad farewell.

Hello lovely peeps.
How are we all this fine and lovely Sunday Morning??
I am happy and sad all at the same time today.
Happy because I am getting ready to go to the Cotswolds for a week's holiday.
It is lovely down there and if the weather is good too - well let's keep the fingers and toes crossed on that one shall we?  Lol.
So it is Sunday and that means a new challenge at Totally Tilda.
And that, my friends brings me to my sad news.
This will be my last post for the Totally Tilda Challenge Blog today.
I have had to make a decision on how best to utilise my "me time" and have come to the conclusion that something just has to give.
My love for Tilda has waned somewhat over the past few months and with little time to craft it has slowly ebbed away completely.
The reason I have chosen this theme to end on is because this challenge is always based around  Princesses as it is our lovely Susie Sugar's birthday round about now and so I thought that would be a fitting challenge to end on - as this year is a very BIG birthday........ no I won't tell you which one.  See if you can work it out!
So to my creation for this, my last challenge at Totally Tilda.
The challenge this time is, as I have said:
PRINCESS TILDA
Our sponsor for this challenge is:
gif maker

And the Prize is;

So here is my project for this challenge:
I decided to make a "book" this time.
I bought the "book" from Cuddly Buddly, they have such an array of items to alter, it really is worth going and having a mooch around.  Their delivery is brilliant too.
So I coloured Tilda Catching Stars with my watercolour pencils and added a bit of silver embossing powder to her star wand and the little stars in her hand.
The paper I have used on the book is from Magnolia and was out at about the same time as the Wizarding Tilda image (not sure if that's what she's called though).
The other paper I have used is from the Always and Forever paper pad by Nitwits at Lili of the Valley.
I love these paper pads, they are such good quality.
I backed this paper onto some burgundy card and added it to the front of the book.
Then I added some lovely flowers and a curly stamen all from Wild Orchid Crafts and a die cut leaf shape which I bought from Ebay.
I added a die cut banner across the top to finish it off.
I'm quite pleased with how this has turned out and I hope that Susie liked it as much as I enjoyed making it.
So my friends, I bid you farewell from Totally Tilda but will be back here very soon with a blog post just for fun and of course posting for Crafty Ribbons.
Tara!!!!
xxxxx

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure the boss lady loved it Dawn!!!!! Great little book/treasure keeper. I will miss you! Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Dawn I'm sure that the Totally Tilda team will MISS you!! Your card is STUNNING...your colouring...BEAUTIFUL!! Wishing you all the best!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.