Pages

.

.

Tuesday 11 June 2013

DT Call - Totally Tilda

Hello lovely peeps!
Oooh I have a week off work!! **Smiles**
Time to get all my DT work up to date and get a bit ahead of things if I can in readiness for the arrival of my first grandchild.  Only 17 days to go! *Excited squeals*
So, it has been a full twelve months since Susie had a DT call at Totally Tilda and the time has arrived to see if I can be lucky enough to be chosen for another term. (Fingers crossed)
So the theme for the DT Call was:
SUMMER 
 YOUR INTERPRETATION!
Well, when I was a kid I can remember looking forward to the six weeks summer holidays because we always went to the seaside.  And, guess what - the sun always shone for our two weeks away.  Dad always used to tell us kids that he had ordered it especially for our holidays! LOL
So I had this card in mind - something a bit different.
Not sure I am entirely happy with it but I don't have time to make another now.
So here we go then:
I had the pattern for a 3D shadow box card to cut out on my Silhouette so that's what I went for.
The cutting it out was the easy bit! LOL
I have used Edwin on the first inside layer,
then a beach hut
then a little sailing boat in the background.
Tilda is sat on the harbour wall with a rope along the edge looking out across the beach and to the sea. (Well at least that is what it is supposed to look like!)
The gorgeous Sheer Puff Dot ribbon is of course, from Crafty Ribbons and the gorgeous little camera charm was in a pack I won from Susie, thank you darling!!
So there you have it, my entry for the DT call at Totally Tilda!
Challenges:

14 comments:

  1. Your 3D effect is terrific. You have certainly brought back my childhood holiday memories too. Good luck with the DT call.Love from Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous 3D box!!! I love the little scene you created, Tilda and Edwin look adorable together. What a great souvenir! Good luck, hopefully we can both be picked, lol!!! Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Dawn what a fab design card ....never seen one of these before ...it's so different but looks very intricate to me, bet it took ages.
    What a nice little story about your dad ordering the sun for your holiday that's sweet
    Glad you enjoyed your year on the team, thanks for reapplying
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a totally amazing card I love it!!! good luck with the DT hun lots of huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Dawn, love the 3d effect you've created with the amazing scene and those two sailor sweetheart. Beautifully put together. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning Dawn! I love your 3D box. Wonderful layout, so cute, really exquisite - they should think themselves lucky to have you - awesome creation! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dawn lovely cute Tilda/Edwin seaside creation great idea fro a 3D effect fab summer colours lovely work..good luck with the TT DT call.

    smiles mummy Tildarette xx

    ps babies can & do come early so be prepared..lol love to Amie.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowza, lots of work into this one! Very unique! This qualifies for our first Summertime challenge over at my A.R.T. Challenge blog, hope to seeya there! http://arandomthursdaychallenge.blogspot.com/2013/06/welcome-first-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! What a fabulous scene you've created Dawn! LOVE IT! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at A.R.T. Hope you'll join us again next week!
    Darlene
    A.R.T. DT
    DAR'S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  10. A-mazing 3-D work!!! WOW! Thank you for joining us for the A.R.T. challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Dawn,
    Wow what a wonderful gorgeous design. Wish I could colour like that :)

    Thank you for coming to visit me over at my blog & for your lovely comment. I actually added my design to the Totally Tilda challenge & also the DT call. I am hoping that is ok?

    I bet you are really excited in waiting for your Grandchild to be born :) I know I am, but I have a few months to wait yet :)

    Thanks again.
    Hugz
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fantastic creation! Love the shadowbox scene that you created. Good luck with the TT DT call ... hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning shadow box creation Dawn - I wouldn't know where to begin - but you've made it look perfection itself!
    Good luck with the DT call hun, it's been a pleasure working with you and would love to work with you again!
    Hugs Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww flipping heck hunny this is one gorgeous creation, love, love, love it :)
    Thanks for entering our DT call at Totally Tilda & good luck lovely :)
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.