Pages

.

.

Sunday 27 January 2013

Christmas Card Club

Hi all,
Well Christmas has been and gone and it's time to.......
Make my Christmas cards!
For next Christmas.
This year I am definitely going to be organised and get them all done well in advance so no-one misses out.
Well that's the theory anyway.
So over at the Christmas Card Club it is Carol's turn to start the ball rolling and her theme is:
NO DESIGNER PAPERS!
When I first saw the challenge I thought I would struggle but then I remembered I had bought a new Indigo Blu stamp set and my new Pan Pastels.
So I set to work and here is what I came up with!
I used my Pan Pastels to do the background and then stamped the image (the sleigh image) in black Versafine.  Then I used my Clarity Stamp Christmas Trees stamp and stamped that below.
Then I cut the card into three pieces and backed it onto some dark navy card.
Then stuck these onto a white card base. 
To finish off, I added a piece of Twas the Night ribbon from Crafty Ribbons.
So, there you go then, no designer papers. Woohoo.
Right I'm off to make my next Christmas Card now!


15 comments:

  1. Wow! That's an awesome image and I love your treatment of it. Elegant colour combo too. Looks like you're off to a great start, Dawn!
    hugs from CC Clubbie,
    Asha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Dawn...I really love the way you have split the image its just wonderful....and so elegant...hugs Margaret
    (dutchess CCC )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card Dawn, love how you panelled the sections off like that, Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you have done here, the image is fab the way it crosses those three panels and is so effective. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dawn, well that's so gorgeous! Really elegant and beautiful hugs Karen x (Christmas Card Club)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Dawn. Your new stamps are fabulous and the triptych idea is brilliant. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dawn
    Fabulous card ... Love the images....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi hun
    wow i luv it, fab image luv the way you have done it in panels,sue,xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Dawn your card is absolutely stunning hun. Love that stamp too. Welcome back for another year at CCC!!!. Big hugs Clare xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way you've done the three panels - perfect card for Carol's CCC challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is great! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Dawn, love the image and the clever layout. Sounds like you're on a roll now hun.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Dawn..Great idea of splitting your image..love the use of Clarity stamps..
    Kerry x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab tryptich card if I've spelt that right Dawn. LOve the monotone. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the way you split the image into three...I is really eyecatching! Great job on a card that didn't allow any design paper!
    Maureen aka Scrappymo! (new to the club)
    Just going round to everyone and signing up to follow and trying to leave a comment to get started.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.