Pages

.

.

Thursday 4 April 2019

Feeling Blue!!

Hello all you lovely people.
My how the time is flying by again isn't it?

So, am I feeling sad? Feeling a little blue? 
Well, I am a little sad yes.
You all know how excited I was to be asked to be a part of the Aurora Wings Design Team don't you? It was something I had always wanted and with the help of Alyce Keegan's colouring classes at Kit and Clowder (sorry, what? You have never heard of them?? Oh my, you don't know what you have been missing!  Why not pop along to the website and have a quick shufty at what's going on?  You may even learn something - I did - Plenty!! Lol) I applied at the last DT call and was accepted.
Sadly, due to the decline in entries into the challenge Mitzi decided that it was time to call it a day on the Challenge Blog - I was gutted.
However, I have loved Mitzi's images for a long long time and that isn't about to change any time soon.  So here is a card I made recently for a friend's 40th birthday.
Mind you, after the nightmare I had with it, let me tell you, it came very close to ending up in the bin!!
Not that the image isn't beautiful, of course it is.
But you know how it is when you have an idea in your head and it is all going great until you make an almighty c**k up of things? Well that's how this one went. Each time I thought I had put it right, I stepped away from it and DUH!! Nope, that just won't do!!
So, finally - attempt number six gazillion and one and it is done!!
I decided to go with the gorgeous Eye Butterfly image.
Here are the buying options should you decide you might like to purchase it.
Isn't it just the most beautiful image??
So, here is what I eventually managed to come up with.
I was going to add some flowers too but when I looked at the image, I thought "do you know what, it really doesn't need anything else!"
So I left it clean and simple. Simples! Hehehe.
So there you have it.  I do so love this image and I am glad I persevered with it.
Oh, by the way, Kit and Clowder have a facebook group too - it has 23,000 members and is one of the most friendly, supportive groups on Facebook.  Why not pop over and have a look and if you do decide to join any of Alyce's classes, it would be nice if you could mention that I sent you? Ta ever so.
Challenges:
Time out challenges - Photo Inspiration (I took the butterfly and the blue from the couch)

8 comments:

  1. Oh Dawn I am sorry you feel blue about not the DT closing and what a real shame. I am glad though you channeled your creativity into card making and creating this truly stunning card. I adore you used a blue base, it has a really dramatic look to the card. Thank you for joining Time Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card, I love the blue monochrome and I love the song that was your inspiration. Thanks so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ach what a shame as you look like you would have been a great asset to the team! Your card is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful monochrome card, love the detail and awesome colouring
    Andrea x
    GDT for CRAFT Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card!Thanks for join us at Crafty Sentiments Design. Beatriz DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh what a fabulous image and song thanks for sharing at Craft this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card, love the design and the colour. Thank you for joining the CRAFT challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty monochromatic design - those eyes really just pop so beautifully! It's a shame about the DT closing but I am happy that your "blue period" inspired you to play along with us at Time Out! Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.