Pages

.

.

Friday 12 April 2019

Colour Crazy Challenge - Week 14

Hi everyone
Well, what started out as a Guest Designer place has turned into a permanent position.  Doing a happy dance right now. 
So, without further ado, let's get cracking shall we?
So you know by now that our theme is always 
ANYTHING GOES
BUT
there must be some colouring on there somewhere.
We do not accept pre-coloured images, sorry.
So our sponsor for this week's challenge is
For my project I chose this gorgeous

I just love the rustic look of this flower, and there are several more "wild" flower images for you to choose from.  In fact with over 5000 digital images I am sure you would be able to find something you liked.  Why not pop over and have a browse through their catalogue?
Anyway, here is what I made with it.

Now I decided as soon as I saw the image that the only way to colour it would be to use Distress Inks and a water brush.  Not something I do very often but I actually quite liked how it turned out, what do you think?

I used four different shades of blue on the flower and three different greens on the leaves.
The background was done with Pan Pastels, I do love the effect they give don't you?

The sentiment was stamped using the Word Chains and Word Chain Alphabet from Clarity Stamp which you can find here.
The quality of these stamps is, in my humble opinion, second to none. They always give a fantastic print no matter what ink pad you use.  If you have never heard of them or not visited for a while you really should have a quick look (well, when I say quick............... you could be there a while! Lol)

The background paper is from a Designer Paper Pad, also from Clarity Stamp, called New England Fall.  Again the quality of these papers is stunning - you really don't want to use them, just sit and stroke them they are so lush.  But, I digress, use them I must - I can always buy more!! Hehehehe.
The sentiment is also stamped on to a sheet of the same paper pad but a contrasting pattern.

So there you have it folks.
My little bit of inspiration for you to ponder whilst you decide what you are going to make.
Remember, you must have some colouring on your project to be in with a chance of winning our prize.



3 comments:

  1. Your right this is a lovely image. You've made a super card with it too. Thanks for sharing this week over at Digichoosday

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABulous design and I LOve your distress colours.
    Not something I ever do lol, but, soooo lovely to see.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your mixed media. The colours in your image are stunning.

    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to seeing you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Rijacki

    TTCRD DT
    Rijacki's Workshop
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.