Pages

.

.

Tuesday 16 April 2019

Cats or Dogs?

Hello all,
So, are you a cat person or a dog person?
Me? Well I love both really. 
We have always had cats or dogs in the house at one time or another.
I think it stems from not being allowed to have a cat or dog when I was a kid, although I did have a rabbit.
Why am I rambling about cats and dogs you may ask?
Well, the challenge at Ching Chou Kuik this month is to use one of the fabulous CCK images that features either a dog or a cat.
So, for this challenge I went with the cat.
Ching Chou really does produce some beautiful images with animals and this was one I have had for a while and not previously used, so what better excuse than the enter the current challenge.
I have used
Poppy Night Adventure which you can find here.
and here is the card I made.
The image is coloured with my Prismacolour pencils and the clouds in the background are done with Distress Inks (Tumbled Glass)
I don't usually colour redheads because they are a bit out of my comfort zone but I thought, why not?  I am never going to get any better at it if I don't practice am I?
So I decided to do the poppies in blue rather than the more obvious red and I am really pleased with how them came out.
The background papers are from a Lili of the Valley & Raspberry Road Designs paper pad called Antebellum.
The lovely strip of gems is from a lovely ex DT colleague and FB friend as part of a card swap, thank you Susan.
So there you have it.
Apart from the Facebook challenge at Ching Chou Kuik I shall also enter this card into the following challenges:

See you soon.
xxx


6 comments:

  1. I am most definitely a cat person. It's not that I don't like dogs they are just harder work and more dependent lol! Your card is lovely. Thanks for playing along with us this month at Dragonfly Dreams. Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Dawn I totally love and adore this wonderful image I am a doggy person but then I am a avid animal lover full stop, you have done a fantastic job with this beauty
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I’m a dog person! But I totally love those blue blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card you made Dawn...love the poppy colouring,girl with cat...Very nice layering with background...thanks for playing on Through the Craft Room Door,hope to see you next challenge...

    Hugs
    Rituparna DT, TTCRD

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ribbon is gorgeous and so is that bling trim! Love the colors you chose for the image and the background you created for her.

    Thank you for joining us at Li’l Patch of Crafty Friends for our challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very beautiful, i love cat's and dogs but i don't have them by myself, a lot of friends have dogs and my son has two cat's.
    Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps.
    Greetings, Danoesja

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.