Pages

.

.

Wednesday 25 May 2016

In the pink!

Hi All
Now that I know this card has been received I can happily post it to my blog and enter it into the Clarity Stamp Challenge.
This is a Christening card I was asked to make by my daughter.
She had been asked to be godmother to little Lettie, oh she is so cute! and obviously needed a card for the Christening.
What to make though?
It was going to be Beatrix Potter related but then I remembered my Baby baby Groovi plates so I set to work with those.
This is what I came up with - and if I say so myself I am really pleased with how it turned out.
The mane and tail are actually not that red in real life but quite a dark pink.
I wish I had gone over the name more than once as I did with the other words - looks a bit lost there doesn't it?
I used my Distress markers to colour everything except the hearts and these were coloured with my Spectrum Noir Pencils.
I added a little highlight to each heart and I really think it makes a difference.

Bit of character building all around the hexagon - took a while!!



My only disappointment is that I can see the double sided tape where I attached it to the backing card.
 I was going to do a wrap around and clean forgot! DOH!

Anyway, good news is my daughter was thrilled to bits with it which makes me a happy bunny.

So I am going to enter it into the Clarity Stamp Challenge which this month is Anything Goes

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty parchment with rocking horse good luck in the clarity challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Dawn - I've got these plates but not had chance to play with them yet. Keep 'em coming Dawn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Dawn. You really have created a wonderful piece of work. Well done and Good Luck in the challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, lots of detail here, Dawn, with all the embossing and pierced work. A treasured keepsake, I'm sure. Best wishes in the Clarity Challenge and thank you for joining in. ;~}

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card Dawn, such intricate work - a great entry for this months' Challenge.
    Thank you for joining in with us and wishing you luck in the draw x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely parchment design so pretty. Good luck in the challenge and thank you for entering. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work, Dawn. Thank you for popping over to my blog. We had a whale of a time, and Maria found another naughty friend in Tina Cox. Great fun. xxx Maggie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.