Pages

.

.

Monday 27 June 2016

A hint of colour!

Hi all
Just popping in to show you my latest bit of colouring.
This was an image from Mitzi's Gardens & Goddesses Colouring Book, Vol 1.
These images are a joy to colour.
Digital Stamp - Pansy - Girl with Pansy, Lobelia, and Butterfly - Instant Download - Floral Fantasy Line Art for Cards & Crafts
This one is called Pansy and you can find the digital image in Mitzi's Aurora Wings shop on Etsy here.
Because this image is a little larger I decided to turn it in to a wall hanging for a friend. 
The current challenge at Aurora Wings is Black and White and one other colour.
I decided to go for orange, my friend's favourite colour.
So here is my creation:
I am actually really proud of this.  I am a member of Alyce's colouring classes at Kit and Clowder and before I joined I would NEVER have attempted something like this.
I have had a set of Art sketching pencils for ages but never had the courage to use them so this is a first for me.
There are four different shades of orange on those pansies and they look stunning in the flesh, so to speak!
For the skin and hair I have used a variety of different lead thicknesses ranging from 4H to 6B.

Looking at it now I think I should have gone a bit heavier on the forehead but at least I have learnt something for the next one I do.
So I am going to enter this into the following challenges:

8 comments:

  1. you should be proud, Dawn! This is beautiful! I love the orange and your friend will be over the moon. Fabulous work with the sketch pencils. So glad you enjoyed our B & W + 1 Challenge at Aurora Wings. Thanks so much for joining in. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at Brown Sugar this time. We hope to see you again next time.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx
    Brown Sugar DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant image and fabulous colouring love the orange pansies----Thank you for joining us at Crafting With Friends
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous wall hanging, Dawn! You should be very proud. And what a lovely gift for your friend! I'm excited to see so many people giving this challenge theme a try and having fun (and doing really well). Gorgeous coloring and a stunning use of orange. Thank you for joining our latest challenge at Aurora Wings! Mitzi xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.