Pages

.

.

Sunday 12 April 2015

Time for Tea (or coffee)!

Hello lovelies
Well it is time for another challenge over at Totally Tilda and Friends.
This time the challenge is:
TEA OR COFFEE
We want to see your creations feature either Tea or Coffee somewhere.  It doesn't have to be on the image, it can be a charm, on a ribbon, on your backing paper but it must relate somehow to Tea or Coffee.
Our lovely sponsor this time is:
gif maker

And the Prize is;
So here is the card I made for this challenge:
Now this card was cased from the Clarity Website Gallery and the lovely Elaine Milner's card.
Isn't Elaine's card gorgeous? If anyone knows how I can link to Elaine could you let me know please. Thanks.
So I used the Victorian Tea Set Stamps and stamped them in Seedless Preserve Distress Ink for my card and added ribbon and card to match.
I masked off a band of card and stamped most of the images in second generation ink and the main teapot image in first generation ink to make it stand out.
I then brushed the same shade of distress ink around the edges of the band.
Then I drew a line down each side with my Flexmarker in Plum
I cut a tag shape out of white card and backed it onto some contrasting coloured card.
Then I stamped the verse and the teacup in first generation ink.
Using my Clarity Stencil brushes I brushed the same distress ink around the edge of the tag.
Added a satin ribbon in a matching shade to the tag and voila!
Thank you Elaine for the inspiration and I hope I did your card justice.
Challenges:
(The Teacup, teapot and sentiment are all stamps)

 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful Dawn! I love the colours that you used...so rich looking!! Have a great Sunday!
    Take care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice CAS card Dawn, great take on the challenge theme. Hope you're having a great weekend. Hugs Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. those tea stamps are adorable - thanks for joining us at ATSM this week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card, filled with charming teacup and teapot images! The generation stamping adds such a special touch, as does the tag! Thank you sharing in the ATSM gallery!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card! Love your gorgeous inking! Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely design - thanx for playing along with us at Fantasy Stampers.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx
    http://jaybescraftybitz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely Dawn and I think the sentiment is amazing. Love how you made the background strip. Thank you so much for entering the Crafty Calendar (Add a sentiment) Challenge this month, lots of luck.

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely stamping Dawn! Love the colour of this card x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.