Pages

.

.

Sunday 22 March 2015

"Time" to enter the Clarity Challenge

Hello lovelies.
Just popping in to share my latest make.
I was inspired to do this after attending one of the lovely Maria's workshops in Shrewsbury.
If you would be interested in attending one or indeed any of the Clarity Workshops visit the Clarity Website for more details.
So, the current challenge over at Clarity's challenge blog is "Anything but a card".
So I thought, what about a clock.
I had bought this MDF clock from That Craft Place on FB ages ago and decided it was about time I did something with it.
(Okay so this one is greyboard but mine was MDF!)
So................
This is what I did with it!!!
First off I painted it all with Gesso, such a good base.
Next I used the Clarity Olive Branch Wreath stencil - here and pulled some Grunge Paste through it.
Once it was dry I painted the whole thing with some Acrylic Paint, the slow drying one.
I left that for a couple of days to make absolutely certain that it was totally dry.
Then because I didn't have black I went over everything with dark blue acrylic paint and then using some kitchen towel dabbed alot of it off to reveal the red underneath.
Again I left it to totally dry once I was happy that I had taken enough paint off.
Then I used some Pinflair Buff It in Red to go over the Olive Leaves and then buffed them up a bit.
I used the same red Buff it on the hearts but I will come back to them in a min.
Next I used a white ink pad and using the little bunch of stars stamp from the Wee Fairy Folk set I stamped little white stars randomly over the numbers.
Now I needed to add something to the middle of the clock because it looked a bit bare.
So I used the mushrooms and a couple of fairies from the Wee Fairy Folk set and then embossed them so that they stood out a bit.
So back to the hearts.

Really stand out in that red don't they?

So rich looking don't you think?

Well having used the red Buff It I wasn't happy with they so I used the wedge end of my Flexmarkers in a deep red and went over them.  It took a while but I am pleased with how they finished up.
Then I added the clock mechanism (well actually hubby did that for me while I was at work) and voila.
It now hangs in pride of place on my craft room wall!!
Get me Miss Maria - mixed media altered art!!!!
All thanks to you.
Challenges:

13 comments:

  1. Wow saw this on FB and had to come see it on your blog and comment. It is fabulous, well done you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very lovely. Wonderful idea and perfect for this months Challenge. Would look stunning anywhere. Thanks for entering the Clarity Challenge and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a transformation, Dawn! Your clock displays great use of Clarity stencils and stamps. Thank you for taking the time to enter this month's challenge and good luck. ;~}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog, and a brilliant piece of artwork. Love the techniques used
    Thanks for entering the Clarity challenge and good luck.
    Hugs
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice good idea love the stencling good luck clarity challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful project! Love how you decorated it. The dark tones with the red look great! Thank you for joining our Mixed Media World challenge! Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your clock is lovely Dawn, a great way of showcasing both stencils and stamps. It would definitely look amazing on any wall! Thank you for entering the challenge. Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great piece of altered art Dawn. Such a fab technique from Maria Simms and you have combined it beautifully with the stamps. Thanks for entering the Clarity challenge, and good luck. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Dawn, this is fantastic. I love what you have done with the clock blank. Good luck in the challenge. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your clock is lovely and so different. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply wonderful Dawn. Best of luck in your challenges. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is brilliant Dawn, excellent project.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.