Pages

.

.

Thursday 6 November 2014

Advent Calendar with Advent Ribbon

Hello lovelies,
Well it is the turn of the Buttons Team to host the challenge this week.
And this week the theme is
A CHRISTMAS CREATION WITH RIBBON
So long as your creation fulfils the challenge you can make whatever you like, cards, layouts, altered items, take your pick and have fun.
So here is my offering for this week:
So I used a Greyboard Advent Calendar christmas tree from That Craft Place on FB.
I painted it with Gesso first and then used Cosmic Shimmer Matt Chalk paint in pale green to paint all the little draws, and the cone at the top.
The body of the tree is painted in Burgundy Cosmic Shimmer Chalk Paint.
Then I sprayed everything with Crafter's Companion Spray and Sparkle in Gold.
Next I cut up the exclusive Christmas Advent Ribbon from Crafty Ribbons and glued them to each individual little draw.
I added some holly leaves, cones and berries on the top piece and then added a star at the top.
The star was made by cutting 4 stars and gluing them so that it was 3D.
I am not happy with the star so will probably take that off and redo it but I wanted to show you how easy it was to use the gorgeous Advent Ribbon.

I am looking forward to seeing your lovely creations.
Challenges 
TTFN

4 comments:

  1. WOW this is beautiful Dawn! I love the tree shape and all of the sparkle! Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Dawn this is an outstanding project, the colours, shape and the use of the ribbon is terrific an excellent make, love it.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful project! Thanks for sharing it with us at Through the Craft Room Door! I am now your newest follower and would love it if you came and visited my blog and became a follower too: http://karenskreativekards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a lovely project.... Thanks for sharing with us over at 'Papertake Weekly'... good luck with the challenge..
    Hugs,
    Marjorie DT Papertake Weekly x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.