Pages

.

.

Monday 6 October 2014

Some happy news - and a new challenge.

Hi all,
Well as the title of my post would suggest I have some very happy news to share with you all.
I have been asked by the lovely ladies at Through The Purple Haze challenges to join their design team.
I saw their DT call on Paper Playful and thought I would give it a shot.
I was delighted when Fiona emailed me to invite me to join them.
They are a lovely bunch of ladies and I am looking forward to being a part of their team.
So without further ado, let's get on with my first challenge post.
So the theme this week is 
SHAPED CARDS
and our lovely sponsor is 
STITCHY BEAR
And the prize is $10 to spend in digital images.
*****
So here is the image I was given to work with, isn't it fab?? It is called Bat woman.
So here is the project I made:
Obviously the challenge is to make a shaped card.  I didn't want to just do a plain shape I wanted to do something really different.  So I looked at the image and thought - someone like that would live in a castle with lots of dark passageways and dingy rooms.
The shape is cut out on my Silhouette Cameo and then I have coloured different parts of it with my Promarkers.  I cut the basic shape out in white and then cut the extra bits out in Kraft card. I am really pleased with how it turned out.
But wait, where's the image I hear you shout???
Well, obviously she is inside waiting for it to go dark!
I used some Distress Ink in Stormy Sky to brush the inside - after all a dark castle wouldn't have really white walls now would it? Lol 
I coloured Bat woman with my Spectrum Noir Pencils and then fussy cut her and placed her inside the castle.  I used a circle of paper on top of the image to brush a halo of light around her head.
So I hope you like what I have made for you.

To celebrate my new DT place I decided to have a wee bit of Candy.
So please leave me a comment and I will choose a winner from all those who leave a comment to win this little bundle of goodies.

Thanks for stopping by.
xxxxx
Challenges:


12 comments:

  1. Beautiful project and congrats.
    Gr Elly

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow wow wow what a wonderful and imaginative card love it thank you for joining in with us at sassy studios and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi fabulous project hun and thanks for joining us at our first challenge at Anything Goes with a Twist hugs Judith DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous shaped card......very imaginative. I love it!!! Big congrats on your new DT place. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun and plenty of scope for your obvious talent. Well done and thank you for sharing it with us at Crafting with Dragonflies. Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card..thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge..Sue DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool...love the castle.Thank you for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs and the DTBST challenge this week! HUGS

    Kim
    SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow!! this is so beautiful!! love all the elements in the card!!
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the shaped card idea and placing the image inside is genius! Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafting with Dragonflies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have created a wonderful shaped card to showcase your image. Great job. Thanks for joining our Wonderful Wednesday Challenge over at Kraftin' Kimmie stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card Thank you for joining in the "Anything But Square" challenge at www.polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk have fun and Keeeeeep Crafting Katie DTxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just love your card
    Thanks for joining us at Anything but Square challenge http://www.polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/
    Happy Crafting Susan DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your DT! Awesome card!
    Thanks for joining us at CFAS
    Hugs
    Fiona x DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.