Pages

.

.

Thursday 30 October 2014

A seasonal card

Hello lovelies.
Just popping in to show you my most recent make.
I made this card with the Clarity Challenge in mind which is:
Now I love Autumn - the colours are just so gorgeous so that is where I took my inspiration from.
So here is the card I made:
First off I taped the Leaf 1 stencil to the middle of my Clarity Gelli card and then stamped the Leaf set 1 spray in the aperture and then coloured it in with my Distress Markers.

Then I stamped the detailed Leaf from the same set in Forest Moss around the edge of the card and made some little masks so I could fill in the gaps between each leaf.

Then using the block leaf stamp I filled in the detailed leaf with Mustard Seed, Wild Honey and Ripe Persimmon to get the autumnal colours.  Took me a while but so worth the effort.

Then I brushed Wild Honey in the middle with the little leaf "inny" bit over the spray.  Then I used the little round blending tool and went around the leaf stencil to give it some definition.

Then I used Peeled Paint from my Clarity Stamp blending mat all around the edges over the top of the leaves and out into the centre a little way.

Lastly I used the word Change from Word Chain 7 and stamped it in Wild Honey in the bottom corner.  Now I tried to do a shadow on the word but I was a bit far out so I filled in the gaps with a Distress marker and I think it is ok.........just!!
Now I have to say I would never had the confidence to have a go at something this involved unless I had been to the marvellous Clarity Workshops run by the fabulous Maria Simms in Shrewsbury.
So a big thank you to Maria for building my confidence.
So, there you have it, my entry for the current Clarity challenge.
See's ya later!
xx

3 comments:

  1. What a great card Dawn I am glad that you have been enjoying Maria's workshops in Shrewsbury - they're fab aren't they - I go to Preston - good luck and thanks for entering

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect Autumn card Dawn. Maria is super and so encouraging is'nt she. Thanks for entering the Clarity Challenge and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Autumnal card dawn love the leaves around the outside
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.