Pages

.

.

Sunday 16 March 2014

Beaded Poppies

Hi folks,
Blimey two posts in one day - must be sickening for something! Lol
Anyways, I wanted to pop in and show you my entry for the current Clarity challenge which is Flower Power.
I have been attending the Clarity Classes run by the lovely Maria Simms and I have to say she inspires me with the techniques she teaches us.
So, here is one such technique we covered recently.
I have used the Poppy Stencil from Clarity and sponged my inks through it. 
Then I used my Cosmic Shimmer Clear Texture paste and applied that through the stencil.
Then I added Micro beads to the paste whilst still wet.
They give such a lovely glittery finish and I am really pleased with this as it is only the second time I have used them.
Then I decided that it looked a bit sparse so using the remountable Journalling set of stamps from Clarity and added some stamping around the edge on top of the dusting of colour I gave the edges with my stencilling brush.
So there you go, my beaded poppies.  Can't wait for my next class Maria Simms.

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Dawn, love the effect on the flowers. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only ever used this technique twice but I love the effect it gives This card is really gorgeous . Lovely image. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is gorgeous just lovethe poppies so effective hugs cheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad to hear that you are enjoying Maria's Workshops , she really is an inspirational crafter and such a lovely lady too.
    This Poppy Stencil is one of my favourites and I love how you have used it. thanks for entering our Challenge and good luck....Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your creation. i think i need some of that paste as this is a beautiful effect xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card, love this technique. The effect is super and one of those types of card that look even better in person than on a photo. Hope you have enjoyed entering the challenge. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this technique and one I need to try. you are so lucky getting to go to Maria's Classes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful technique, I love the colours and the stamp combination... Great work! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card you have made. I am so Glad you are enjoying your Classes with our Lovely Marie. Thank you for entering our Clarity Challenge. Good Luck. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, I love this technique. A very effective way to use the new Journal stamps. Thanks for entering the Clarity Challenge and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Dawn. Great technique with the micro beads. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.