Pages

.

.

Monday 4 February 2019

Happy New Year and Anything Goes.

Hello all,
Well, I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and a fabulous New Year.
Did anyone make any New Year's resolutions?  
I don't tend to do that anymore - partly because they only usually last until the middle of January!! Lol
Well, I wonder what 2019 will bring?
I always start the year full of hope that this year will be better than the last, don't you?
Only time will tell I guess.
I reckon, if we all do our little bit to make things better then maybe others will follow??  That's my plan anyway.
Right then, onto my Midway post for the current challenge which of course you all already know is the best sort of challenge to start the year with.......


Now you all know how much I love Mitzi's sprites right?
Well, I thought I should start the year off with one of the little darlings so I chose:
PRIMROSE SPRITE
She is available exclusively at Aurora Wings.com:
Now, I know I am getting on a bit and the weather has been a wee bit cold lately but I really didn't think that my brain was quite as addled as it obviously is.
This little birthday book was made thinking the image I was using was Buttercup Sprite but no, I used Primrose Sprite - what a twit.  
So because they are both so beautiful I am giving you the links to the gorgeous Buttercup Sprite too, just in case you would like to pop over and have a quick spending spree! Lol


Both stores also have the JPEG image but you can do so much more with the PNG image. 😁😁😁

For this challenge, rather than make a card which I always seem to do I thought I would be a little bit more adventurous, so I made a cute little Birthday Book.
Here you go:
Basically it is one piece of A3 card cut into the relevant sized pieces and stuck together and then I added some beautiful Pion Designs paper which I have had for simply ages.
Sweet little Primrose Sprite is coloured with my Faber Castell Polychromo pencils and then I fussy cut her to add her to the front of the book.
The wording is done using the wonderful Clarity Word Chains and Word Chain Alphabet which you can find here.

Because the piece that ends up being the back of the book was a bit plain I used a Clarity Stencil, which you can find here, and some Distress ink in contrasting shades to add a bit of interest to the cover.
I wish I had taken a photo of the whole of the back of the book!! Duh.

The pages inside are printed out on to an A4 sheet of paper from a template I made in Excel, and then I put them through the printer again to add the buttercups.  Then I cut them out and stuck them in the correct places in the book.
Now obviously these would look better if they were primroses rather than buttercups given which sprite I actually used! Lol   However, I have gifted this little book to a friend so I am unable to change it now! Duh!
The closure is just some glittery gold ribbon which I had in my stash.

I really love these little books and I think I may be doing a few more of these. 

So I hope you like my project, please leave me a comment and let me know.

See you next challenge.
TTFN
xxxxx


9 comments:

  1. What a darling project, Dawn! Such sweet cheery coloring of Primrose/Buttercup ;D Sprite and I just love how you've done the inside pages. I'm sure your friend was just thrilled with such a charming and useful gift. Love , love, love! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Stunning - what a perfect gift!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful project you've shared with us but are you a follwer yet? Please do if you want to participate our challenge.
    Caroline DT 2Sistersontheblog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, Dawn! What a great idea to make a birthday book. So funny about the Primrose Sprite/Buttercup Sprite thing you pointed out. I almost didn't realize it myself. lol Thank you for this great inspiration for today's mid-challenge post at AWCB! M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect gift Dawn, love your little project and am sure it will be a well received. Adore the yellow of the little girls dress. T thanks for joining in on the Anything goes Challenge at the Happy Craft Challenge Community

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card. Thank you for entering A Perfect Time to Craft. Good Work.
    Karen Neil DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card.
    Thank you for sharing it.
    Nicolette DT 2Sistersontheblog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow what an amazing project! You have coloured her so beautifully but the whole project is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great idea. Thanks for sharing. Thanks for joining the challenge at Love to Craft Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.