Pages

.

.

Sunday 3 February 2019

Exciting News - Part 2

Hi all,
Well, it certainly looks like 2019 is going to be a busy one.
Having recently told you about my fabulous news concerning my new DT post with the fabulous Lee Holland, I can now tell you all about another new DT post, this time with the wonderful ladies at 613 Avenue Create.
This fabulous blog is a monthly Just For Fun challenge blog.
The entries we get for these challenges is nothing short of phenomenal considering there are no prizes on offer.
The fact that there is no prizes is the only downside though as you will always be able to see some fabulous inspiration from my wonderful teammates.
We always choose a Top 3 that have joined in and an extra Top 3 for those that chose to add the Optional Twist.  They can then put a fabulous little badge on their blog for the world to see.

I am one of three new DT members here and I can tell you that we are joining a fantastic, friendly and talented bunch of ladies and I am so proud to be a part of their team.
So without further ado, let me tell you about this month's challenge.
Now, as I said they are Just For Fun and are always Anything Goes.
Now who doesn't like an Anything Goes challenge?
Having said that, there is always an optional twist given and this month the Optional Twist is to 
"Use a Critter" on your creation.

Well, what else could I use this month other than one of Lee Holland's fabulously cute animal images.
I chose to use Cute Monkey. If you want to have a look at Lee's other gorgeous creations then why not pop along to his Etsy store here.

He is coloured primarily with my Prismacolour Pencils and the background is done with Pan Pastels. The background paper is from a Lili of the Valley & NitWit Collection paper pad called Bonnets & Bowties.  Sadly no longer available but superb quality and I use them very sparsely I can tell you. Lol


I have to tell you that when I did the background, I sat and looked at the card and thought, Jeez that looks a mess! But then I got the colourless blender pan out and hey presto it was transformed.


The sentiment is my own, done on the computer, sized, printed and then "coloured" with Pan Pastels to match those used in the image.

So I do hope you like my inspiration and I look forward to seeing what you all submit this month.
Happy Creating!

Challenges:


6 comments:

  1. This is such a cute card and your sentiment works well with the image. Very nice work!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner/Designer
    613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!! That little monkey is so sweet and the background is fabulous! Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card you have made here which fits perfectly the Colour Crazy Challenge this week. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Congratulations on your two new DT roles. Kym (Colour Crazy Challenge Design Team Member).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card :) Thank you for joining us over at Jo's Scrap Shack for the Funday Friday challenge.
    Tina DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an adorable Card. I love your coloring, the background you created, and the sweet sentiment. I also really like the font that you used. Can you tell me the name of it? Reminds me of Walt Disney's signature and I'd love to use it on Micky Mouse cards. If possible, can you email it to me? asperkathy[at]hotmail[dot]com. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dawn - First, congratulations on your new DT post with 613 Ave C and a huge welcome to the 'Front Porch Gang' of teammates! After checking out your blog and seeing your creativity, you are going to be a fabulous asset! Your pencil work on this current 'Cute Monkey' along with the Pan Pastels background combine beautifully for a delightful card!
    ~ginny
    DT for 613 Ave C
    RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.