Pages

.

.

Saturday 2 February 2019

Exciting News - Part 1

Hello crafty peeps.
Oooh I am sooo excited to be able to share this news with you all.
A while back the very talented Lee Holland put a call out for a new DT to showcase his gorgeous art work.
Well, I do love Lee's work so thought I might try and see if I could become part of this new DT.
Well, you will never guess???
Well, I suppose you will have by now, given the title of my blog post, lol.
I got accepted!!
Whoooooo Hoooooooo!!
I, along with 15, yes 15 other very talented and lovely people were chosen to represent Lee and his gorgeous art work.
So first off, you will want to know where to find his images won't you?
Well, if you follow this link it will take you straight to Lee's etsy store.
When you get there you will notice that Lee has a fabulous Love Bundle, 8 images for £8!!
(Of course Etsy have to add VAT so the checkout price will be £9.60)
This offer will run until the end of February.
Now that is what I call a bargain!
There really are some cute images in this bundle.
I know that February is traditionally all about Valentine's Day but to be honest you could use any of these images for other occasions too.
image 0
I mean, just look at them.  You could use them for weddings, anniversarys, birthdays, Easter, Baby/child birthday or even Just Because cards.  You really do have so many options to choose from.

So my card features The Love Birds, cute aren't they?
I decided to go with a Wedding Anniversary card because I think this image is perfect.

I googled images of love birds so that I could get the colours right and I am pretty pleased with how this turned out really.  I had thought about pink for one and blue for the other but maybe I will do that another day. 

The image was coloured with my Prismacolour pencils and the background is done with pan pastels through a Claritystamp heart stencil.

The background paper is from Lili of the Valley and is from a pad called Butterfly Kisses.  I don't think you can get them any more which is such a shame as the quality is superb.

Here is a piccy of the full card:

I'm really pleased with the way this has turned out and I hope you like it too.


If you want to quick link to Lee's Etsy store in the future, just pop back and click the image in my sidebar and that will take you straight to the store.

See you soon with some more fabulous images.

I shall enter this into a few challenges and keep my fingers crossed.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new post! This card is darling, I can certainly see why you were chosen. Thanks so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAwwwwdorable...love it, and awesome news and love the colors. Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks.

    Leanne DT/KC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your DT appointment! Those images are very cute, and I love the one you chose. Your coloring is amazing and I love the soft heart stenciled behind the birds. Lovely card! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.