Pages

.

.

Tuesday 28 June 2016

CAS Flowers.

Hello everybody
Well, don't blog for ages and then can't keep away! Lol
So I was just browsing through the blogs I follow and saw the current challenge at Less is More which is to use a stencil.
So, I thought, why not.
Went through my stencils and came across a lovely Tulip stencil from Clarity, found the perfect sentiment to go with it and voila - a card.
So here it is then.
Now this isn't the full stencil.
The full stencil has three tulips on it and also the word Tulips.
So I masked off one of the tulips and the word and using a sponge and my Distress Ink Pads, set to work.
I honestly think it took longer to mask off the flower and word than it did to make the card. Lol
I have used Festive Berries and Barn Door on the flower heads and Bundled Sage and Peeled Paint on the leaves.  I also added a bit of bundled sage on the flower heads too for some shading.
The fabulous sentiment stamp is also from Clarity and I think it fits perfectly.
I had forgotten how much fun CAS cards can be so I think I will be making a few more of these somehow.
Anyway, I shall enter this card into the following challenges:

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely stencil, so elegant. You've made a beautiful CAS card, and I love the sentiment! Thanks so much for entering at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful CAS style card dawn love the flowers and that wonderful sentiment
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous creation, so very soft and I love the CAS style! Thanks for sharing with us here at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautifully CAS ... love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Dawn: I love the soft look of this tulips, the stencil is beautiful and the sentiment says such beautiful words.
    Thank you for playing along with Shopping Our Stash, hope you join us again soon.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Dawn. The blending through your stencil is gorgeous and the echo of green in the mat really pulls the card together. Well worth the effort of masking off the third tulip! Great sentiment too.
    Thanks so much for joining us.
    Sharon xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a gorgeous CAS flower card. Thanks for playing at Lemon Shortbread and good luck. Hope to see you back tomorrow for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member Lemon Shortbread xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Better late than never!
    Sorry for the late visit!
    What beautiful stencilling, the colour blend is fabulous!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.