Pages

.

.

Friday 30 October 2015

Using a stencil or two!

Hi all,
Just popping in to show you a card I have made for the Clarity Stamp Challenge which this month has been all about Stencils.
I have had these stencils for a while now and have just never seemed to have the time to use them properly, so I made myself make time - well nobody else is gonna make it for me are they now?
So, here is my entry for this month's Clarity Stamp Challenge:
I have used the Woodland Stencil as my main centrepiece and using the expensive torn paper I shaded some hills with Weathered Sky. (Mind you I think I have the lighter ones at the back when they should be at the front!!) Lol.  
Then I used the small end of the row of spruce trees and added some into the background.
I used a moon stencil and brushed through some faded jeans, then removed the moon stencil and brushed over it again so it wasn't too bright.
Then I took off the stencil and added three deer at the bottom and "grounded" them with a little weathered sky. I also extended the hills out into the surrounding area of the card.
I added "Peace" from Wordchain 13 and double stamped the word to give a bit of shadow (which you can just see) and then I noticed I had overbrushed the stencil edge on the right hand side so I added a little spruce tree there to cover it up. hehehehehe.

Lastly I added two snowflakes at the top of the card using the Peace/Noel A5 stencil and a simple bow to the left hand side.
So there we have it - not perfect but I like it.
Thanks for stopping by.
xxx

7 comments:

  1. Do love your scene subtle in colours with the stencil but makes this card good luck in the clarity challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have created a lovely Christmasy scene Dawn. Nothing wrong with your hills, I would do the light ones at the back. Good luck in the Clarity challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful serene winter scene. Many thanks for joining in the Clarity 'Stencil' Challenge and best wishes. ;~}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dawn - this is so beautiful. The colours are perfect and the colouring of the deer is fabulous - thanks for sharing, Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely use of the stencils Dawn with subtle colouring. Thanks for entering this month's Clarity challenge. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous card and fab stencil! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.