Pages

.

.

Sunday 1 November 2015

Hot inside and cold outside!

Hello my lovelies.
Well, here we are in November - crikey 8 more weeks and the Big Man will have been and gone!
Don't know where this year has gone to - really I don't.
So, time once again for a new challenge at Through the Purple Haze.
This time our fabulous sponsor is:
KennyK shop badge
For this challenge I have used Blair Blaze
preview
So the theme is hot inside and cold outside right?
So I couldn't resist colouring her like flames:
I have used my Polychromo pencils for this image - I love how the waxy pencils blend together so beautifully.
The background is made using a Clarity 9 x 11 stencil called Treescape Stencil
Originally I was going to make a card, but after printing and colouring the image I decided she was too big for a card so decided to go a bit mixed media and do a canvas.
I placed a moon stencil behind the trees but I think I was a bit heavy handed with the stencil brush because you can hardly see it.
I spritzed the ink with water to make it look like snow and added stickles glue along the grass lines.
I added the little owl in the top corner (a) to make it a bit more interesting and (b) because I think he is cute! Lol
So there you have it - my mixed media hot inside cold outside canvas.

Hope you can find time to pop in and join in with the challenge - I know it is getting busier around about now but it would be lovely if you could.

Challenges:

11 comments:

  1. What a great take on our theme "baby, it's cold outside". Love your Blair Blaze choice (a fabulous colouring), stenciling, and fun little owl. Thank you for sharing with us at Simply Create Too - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card!
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting with Friends
    Veronique DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many beautiful details in your canvas Dawn! I love the winter scene you have created and the contrast of your beautifully coloured lady. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those trees, and the 'snow' created with water splatters, Dawn. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I especially like the background of your card, those trees with the soft colour behind them is very pretty. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely canvas. Beautiful colouring of the fab image & the background works really well with it too. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.
    Di

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is an amazing card. I love the contrast between the colour and white background. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card and great details! Love the image! :) Thanks for playing along at Creative Fingers! Hope you will join us again! And check back to see if you are one of our winners! So sorry to be late commenting ♥
    PS: I got a huge blogcandy if you wanna join in! Tindaloo

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is brilliant! Love your canvas, the image looks awesome.

    Thank you for joining us at KennyKs Krafty Krew and good luck!
    Lisa
    Team B(iker girl)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an awesome project and very creative. Thanks for joining us at KennyK's challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great canvas, I love to see those mix media projects! Like the cold and warm colours you picked!

    Thank you for sharing your talent with us at KennyK´s Krafty Krew Challenge Blog. Good luck and hope to see you back soon again!
    Nick
    Team A(ll that)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.