Pages

.

.

Friday 1 May 2015

Alter a notebook, or Floral with Aurora Wings.

Hello all,
Well here I am with a new post and for a new DT too!
The lovely Laura asked me if I wanted to join the Digi Galore DT, another monthly challenge, so I said yes.  Well it would be rude not to wouldn't it?? Lol
So the challenge for May is:
ALTER A NOTEBOOK OR FLORAL
(Or of course you could combine the two like I did!)
So our fabulous sponsor for this challenge is:
and the prize is a $15 voucher to spend in Mitzi's wonderful store.
So on to my creation for this challenge:
As I said I have combined the two themes and altered a notebook with a floral image.
I used Orchid Corner on my project.
Digital Stamp - Instant Download - Orchid Corner - Elegantly Arranged Floral Corner - Floral Line Art for Cards & Crafts by Mitzi Sato-Wiuff
Just such a gorgeous image.
And here is what I did with it.
Looking at it now I think I could have afforded to print it a bit bigger, but hey ho!
The image is coloured with my Polychromo pencils and then cut out - now that's character building for you! I have used 11 different coloured pencils to colour this in!!
The gorgeous die cut butterfly is from Samaflora on Facebook who also makes the most gorgeous flowers.
The strips of beads, delicate lemon lace............... 
..........& this gorgeous green lace are all from Brenda Exeter on Facebook who sells oodles of lovely lace and embellies - well worth a look I can tell you!
The book I have decorated is a little lined notebook from That Craft Place on FB. Another great place to shop, great service and lovely people. (You will have to ask to join if you are not a member already as it is a closed group - just say I sent you!! Lol)
So there you go my friends, a lacey floral altered notebook!
Can't wait to see what you all come up with.
Challenges:

6 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn I do love to see how crafters alter such boring items and WOW you have done a brilliant job with this one it looks amazing, superb project.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your project turned out really pretty, Dawn! Love all the lacey bits you added to your lovely flowers! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Dawn your project is gorgeous. Such amazing coloring and you are a brave woman to fussy cut those flowers out! My eyes couldn't handle that, lol. Love the lace you used. Thanks for playing along with us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week.

    Hugs,

    Ronda 4CC Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done, Dawn! Thanks for joining us at The House that Stamps Built!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous creation. Those flowers are lovely in the color you chose. Thank you for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty notebook - love the butterfly die and all the lace. Thanks for joining in the Sassy Studio Designs challenge this time. Hope to see you again.

    hugs, Vannessa
    SSD DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.