Pages

.

.

Friday 14 February 2014

Venturing onto Canvas

Hello lovelies.
I hope you are all keeping safe and well in this awful weather we are having.
We have lost some of our Ridge tiles and roof tiles in that awful wind on Wednesday, just gotta wait for a roofer to fit us in for the repairs, hope the roof doesn't leak!! Eeeekkk.
Anyway, I have just popped in to show you a canvas I have done.
I keep seeing these around and I thought, it can't be that hard can it??
So off I went, bought a canvas and set to work.
I have made this to fit in with the current challenge over at the Pan Pastels blog where the challenge is Anything Goes but with the addition of using canvas or fabric to make your project with.
So here you go:
The background has been done with Pan Pastels in Lilac using a Clarity Stamp stencil.

Then I noticed the Video Tutorials link at the top of the Pan Pastels blog page so thought I'd have a quick look.  I am so glad I did as I followed a video tutorial on how to add a pattern and Pan Pastels to some flowers.
So I cut out some flowers with my Silhouette Cameo and then using an embossing pad stamped a pattern onto the petals and the leaves.  Then using my sponges I added Pan Pastels Lilac and Pale Pink to the flowers and the light green to the leaves.  Then I put three different sized flowers together and added a brad in the middle. 
I love the effect this has given - only trouble is I might need some patterned stamps now! Lol
Then I added some little butterflies to the canvas which I punched out using my MS three butterfly punch.
Now this is where I took most of the pictures and when I looked at them on the screen it just looked like there was something missing so I added some liquid pearls to the middle of the butterflies.
So I am quite pleased with my first attempt at a canvas and can definitely see me doing more of these.
Thanks for stopping by and please let me know what you think.
TTFN
xxxx

4 comments:

  1. Wow no wonder you are pleased with it. Beautiful, love the colours and the pattern xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks gorgeous hon, nobody would think this was your first attempt! Lovely soft colours too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must do more!! This is so delicate and pretty :)
    Laura
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow what a stunning canvas! Gorgeous colours and such beautiful effects with the pans too. thanks for joining us at Premium Craft Brands PanPastel Challenge
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.