Pages

.

.

Monday 14 December 2015

A Christmas Story.

Hi all,
Just popping in to show you my entry into the Clarity Stamp Challenge.
The challenge this month is:
Now, when I saw it I thought, pffft, another challenge I shan't be entering.
I don't know about you but sometimes I struggle to get the initial idea and then when I do it doesn't always work out exactly as I had seen it in my mind's eye!
Such was the case with this challenge.
I racked my brains to come up with something fitting.
No luck! So I decided to give my craft room a bit of a tidy.
During the chaos I came across a pack of 4 mini canvases I had bought ages ago.
Then it hit me!! Light bulb moment!!
So off I went to look through my Clarity stamps (and there are a few to go through I can tell you!) and found what I was looking for.
Some time ago Barbara produced a set of stamps depicting the poem,
TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS.
Perfect!
So, here is what I made with them.
I think you will agree that this is a Christmas Story alright!
I stamped them all in Black Archival ink and then coloured them in with my Distress Ink Pens.
Added a bit of glitter here and there.
A fancy sparkly ribbon and
Bob's your Uncle!
I have used Blue's on these as I am giving them to my daughter to hang in her house for my two gorgeous, adorable grandsons, Carter and Leighton.
I hope she likes it!
I shall also enter this into the following challenges:

13 comments:

  1. Such a clever idea and design it looks fab. Good luck in the challenge and thank you for entering. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice work very Christmas good luck in the clarity challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabby wall hanging - well done and yes it does tell a story doesn't it. Good luck and thanks for entering x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your take on the Clarity Christmas Story - this is a keeper and will look great for years to come.
    Thank you for sharing your artwork and good luck in the Challenge.
    Merry Christmas! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super walls hanging. Glad you entered. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, no one would know that you struggled with this one! Such a great idea and combining them all together is perfect. Great job. Thanks for playing with CHNCC2. Have a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a gorgeous project! A really lovely idea. I love all the blues. Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see that this will be coming out every Christmas in the future. Good luck in the Claritystamp challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it Dawn. This will definitely be a keepsake for your grandsons to treasure. Thanks for entering the Clarity challenge, and good luck. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dawn I love your Christmas hanging, just right for the Clarity challenge. Thanks for joining us this month and good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a fun creation! lovely sentiments and images :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Merry Christmas Dawn. What a lovely project and PERFECT for this months challenge!!
    Wishing you the best of luck in the challenge....p.s. I love the blue. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Dawn. Certainly is a Christmas Story. I love your creation and Good Luck in the challenge. Happy New Year as well xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.