.

.

Saturday 11 April 2020

Flame in Black

Hello all
I am so sorry that I didn't get time to blog my card for last week.  Honestly, you would think being in lockdown I would have loads of time on my hands.  However, because I have found all those jobs for hubby to do - you know, the ones you never have the time to do - well obviously I have to help out too which cuts down my craft time.  Besides, it's not really fair if I have stuff to occupy me and shut myself away in my craft room whilst he is working away is it.
Anyway, a huge congratulations to all of our lucky winners from the last challenge. What fabulous entries we had. I am hoping to see some equally gorgeous entries this month too.

So my card this week uses the gorgeous Flame in Black which is available in Ching Chou's Etsy store here.
Flame In Black  Digital Stamp Instant Download / Fantasy Art image 1
Gorgeous isn't she?
So here is my card:
Once again, coloured with my copics and I thought I would have a go at a different hair colour this time.  These are the warm greys but I didn't have W9 so started off from a bit of a lighter base hence the lighter colour, but I am still really happy with it.
I wasn't looking forward to doing the swan because I am not really all that good with animals - never seem to get it just right.  Mind you, I am quite happy with how this turned out if I'm honest.
What do you think?   Please let me know whether you think it is ok.

Now I have in the past, created a background to these images but this time I just wanted to use a pattern.  So I looked through my stencils and this Lisa Horton Medieval stencil jumped out at me.  It is currently out of stock but Lisa has some other fabulous stencils to choose from at That Craft Place
I don't know about you, but I think this just "works" with this image?  I used Distress Oxide inks through it in Shaded Lilac, Wilted Violet and Hickory Smoke.
Then, to finish off I added one of Lisa's Wordage Sheet sentiments.  Let me tell you, these are just sooooo useful.  It is nice sometimes to just add something a little bit different, don't you think?
The flower is one I made from some Foam Miran with some new flower dies I recently purchased.  I am quite happy with how that turned out although I am sure I could get more shaping into it if I tried a bit harder.
Anyway, that's it for now.
Hope you find plenty to do without leaving home over the Easter weekend.
Stay Safe, Stay Home and Protect the NHS

TTFN
xxx
Challenges:


6 comments:

  1. This is stunning!

    Thanks for playing along at Aud Sentiments,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creation, it's fab!
    So glad that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Through the Purple Haze.
    Good luck hun and do come back again!
    Jackie DT @ TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too like to experiment with different hair colours. A really great card! Thank you for joining us at the CRAFT challenge this week.

    Debbie
    CRAFT DT
    decraftsblog.wordpress.com {my blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. The swan is fab Dawn - don't know what you were worrying about. As always your colouring is superb.
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl xx
    CRAFT DT
    Cat Crazy Craft Corner {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card wonderful colouring and thanks for sharing at Craft with our mak your own embellishment

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. She is stunning.. Love your coloring and the background you created. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Trimmie's C.R.A.F.T Challenge.. AJ DT TCC

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.