Pages

.

.

Sunday 21 December 2014

Partridge in (and out) of a pear tree!!

Hi all,
Just popping in to show you a card and tag I made for the monthly swap at That Craft Place Natter and Chatter group on FB.
The theme was the 12 days of Christmas and I knew exactly which stamps I was going to use.
Now I have to tell you that this isn't the first attempt - no sireee! The first three went in the bin!
Yikes - thought I would never get there - but inevitably I did so here it is!
I have coloured them with Distress Ink Markers and Distress Ink pads using my stencil brushes. When someone says all stencil brushes are the same - trust me they are wrong - these stencil brushes are THE best brushes I have ever used - so much so that I have two sets (and seriously thinking of making it three in the New Year!!)
Once I had done all the colouring I took my pics and then looked at them and thought, damn, that partridge looks lost in that tree - poor little thing I can hardly see him!
Ping! Light bulb moment - emboss him!!
So out with my embossing pen and my clear embossing powder and TaDa!!
Aha, THERE he is! Lol
I also added some glamour dust to the berries and the tree but it doesn't really show up on the pics. Boo!!
Aah that's better - you can see it now!
Thanks for stopping by.
I would just like to take this opportunity to wish you all, my friends and my followers a very Merry Christmas and a Happy Healthy New Year.
Challenges:

6 comments:

  1. Lovely card Dawn and great use of the stencil - you are right about the brushes lol - I have three sets great idea to emboss the partridge. Good luck and thanks for entering the Claritystamp challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very lovely card Dawn, great design and so effective. Thanks for entering the Clarity Challenge and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great card, it's perfect for our Christmas challenge at CC&CC! Thanx so much for joining us. Have a very Merry Christmas and blessed 2015. Hugs, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful !!! Thanks for joining us at Chocolate, Coffe & Cards Challenges!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT
    Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work Dawn, I'm loving the detail x Good luck in the Claritystamp Challenge! :D xxx

    PS Happy New Year too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.